Sunday, May 20, 2012

Developing a Sort of Nirvana

One of my dearest friends came to stay with us on Friday night, and we chased an evening full of gin and tonics and great conversation with an early Saturday morning cartoon fest.  Obj. #4 was snuggled up like a nesting doll, and I was explaining the myriad of reasons why Super Why just happens to be the best cartoon in rotation today.  (Even though the thrill is gone, it seems, for our daughter.)  I said something to the effect of, "It's great!  Sometimes the characters act helpless and say things like, 'but we can't, it's written in our story!'  And then Super Why swoops in and just goes, 'well, I guess we'll have to change the story.'  And they do!"

And that's when I gave up reading philosophy books.  Because everything I ever needed to learn about spiritual awakening, I got from PBS kids.




No comments: